Lifetime Inspiration



April happens to be Poetry Month ✒
Last year, I had put up a challenge for myself to share at least one poem every week for the entire month. Clearly that didn't happen. I haven't been keen on unleashing that writing style yet, however, I'm hopeful that I will get to master it someday. 
I believe that as long as we are on this earth, hard times are inevitable. It's how we choose to handle the hard times that makes life all beautiful and worthwhile.
Today might be hard, tomorrow even worse but the day after tomorrow will be full of sunshine ☀.. So hold on a little longer.
Here's a piece that I wrote early last week. It's an encouragement to everyone going through a tough season.


            For the soul trapped in despair:

Darling,
--Though I know it's the last thing you'd want to hear me say;--
All things are difficult before they are easy
There's always going to be another mountain,
And you, will always want to make it move


Some mountains, however, are to be climbed not moved,
As you make your way up, you spot numerous rocks
On which you can sit, lie and take a breather
Had you decided to push it, the rocks would have been displaced - perhaps
And descended on you,
Crushing your seemingly weary body and soul


Keep wiping the sweat off the brow,
Pant if you have to,
If today a metre seems like 1000 miles,
And all you want to do is not go further up,
Rest,
But I need you to not give up


Get up one, two, three days later,
You get to decide,
Make a bold step
A step up -that mountain- is a sign of hope that you're getting to the top
Keeping in mind that it's the simple actions that will produce the marvellous
and
in the end,
you'll thank yourself for not giving up


'cause
The best view comes after the toughest climb.
            ©WanjahNyagah

I am more than encouraged to know that even our Heavenly Father cares about the tough seasons we go through and the testing of our faith.
I particularly find great hope in God's word; Romans 5:3-5 and one powerful Guardian Angel's song Utafurahi (I will share the link at the end of the write up).

Romans 5:3-5 : And not only this, but [with joy] let us exult in our sufferings and rejoice in our hardships, knowing that hardship (distress, pressure, trouble) produces patient endurance; and endurance, proven character (spiritual maturity); and proven character, hope and confident assurance [of eternal salvation]. Such hope [in God’s promises] never disappoints us, because God’s love has been abundantly poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.


My mission for writing is pretty simple :
I write in the hope that what I have to say can change one life, save one life... Even if that one life is my own.
And in the words of Marcus Garvey "Always read good poetry, from one good line of poetry, one can get the inspiration of a lifetime."


Comments

  1. Have touched me en hope giving surely .....ni kwa muda tu......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it encouraging. Thank you for reading.
      Keep holding on. His time is perfect .

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much ,I miss you while you were Away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most welcome 😊
      I am back. I'll try to keep it going.

      Delete
  3. This is a great piece; Feeling cheated by the abrupt end though- Maybe you should have seen me up to the mountain! Keep writing; I did some writings I think- check http://oriedo.blogspot.com/ or https://oriedoarts.wordpress.com/ not sure anymore--- Reading this I felt like I should write again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get your point. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

      You should definitely get back to writing 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts