HURU





First time I heard the song was in April this year. Barely a month after it's release. 
I must have been searching for something interesting to watch when I came across Shine TV... They have gospel music (especially African songs) on replay 24/7.
The song was about to end so I didn't get the title and the artist. But I fell in love with it.
Fast forward to last week! Again, looking for something interesting to watch, Shine TV pops up and again, same song was playing.... Coincidence? No! I tend to think with God, everything is planned out well.
This time around, it was just starting, so I captured the title of the song as well as the artist. That was a huge one!
And especially after the "Masks Off" article.
Huru means Freedom.
For me, I feel that the song is a confirmation of what we shared last week.
That taking off masks gives us freedom.
Until we peel off those layers, we may never experience freedom, first in who we are and secondly, in who we were created to be.
To add to that, Lasting freedom is only found in and through Jesus.
His blood that was shed on the cross, was and still is our ransom.
May we desire above all else, to be free from all that has and still attempts to hold us down and in chains.
May we walk,  talk, act, think as free people. Because we are free.




He Who The Son Sets Free, Is Free In Deed 🙌🙌🙌
My favourite bit of this song is that, It's written and sang in a hymns - manner. Hymns are just special.
Hymns are powerful.
Cheers 💕 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts